Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crap.

On an independent study last quarter, the professor was unable to give me feedback during the quarter and now, after grading my final project, has given me the choice of

1) take a B now
2) make changes (estimated at 15-20 hours of work) to receive an A

Honestly, I don't have the 15-20 hours to put in this quarter.  In fact, cost benefit analysis tells me clearly to take the B and to continue bailing out (ladling water out) rather than take on more water on an already sinking ship.  I am going to sleep on it before responding, but I already know I will be making the changes.    There is something wrong with my brain.  This is why I wish I knew more about psychology, so I could understand why I make irrational choices.

1 comment:

  1. re: irrational choices

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-concept

    ReplyDelete