Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Once upon a time a businesscow was eating breakfast and blogging

So here is the continuation of my post from last week, as I continue my liquid diet after having my (very last, thank goodness) wisdom tooth pulled out yesterday - I am surviving entirely on chocolate milk, pudding, and apple sauce for a few days.

I think a universal question that is struggled with by bloggers is how much of yourself to reveal on the internet. At the onset, anonymity is a comforting thought ... but while it is certainly safer to remain an amorphous blobby presence, one of my realizations last week is that much of what I would like to talk about would not resonate with others without them knowing a little bit more of my background. I have decided to share a bit more of myself, and will try to present information that will be relevant to the contents of this blog without spelling out my life's history entirely. I know this won't be finished in one-shot, but I will certainly give it a start now. Since one of my goals is to reduce rambling both orally and in my written work, without further ado I present some cliff notes of the modern businesscow to you below.

. I took a non-traditional educational path.
. The expectations placed upon me by my family and support groups are exceedingly high.
. I have a fear of homogeneity, which is how I ended up with a business degree.
. I am intensely ambitious.
. My work background is in analysis and operations.
. I postponed business school for 2 years to help my previous company get a subsidiary started up in China. It was worth it, a total life-changing experience.
. A core strength of mine, whether I like it or not, is my bicultural & bilingual knowledge combined with my international experience.
. I am a problem solver, a do-er, and am still learning to curb my impatience.

I also have a fear of being documented, which is why it has taken me now 2 days to finish this short post! However, hopefully now it will be easier to understand where I am coming from when I talk about things like my struggle with what career path I should go down, or my frustration at what I feel is the very disingenuous process of interviewing and recruiting (all future posts, I'm afraid).

No comments:

Post a Comment